Friday, April 23, 2010


This electrical fire started in the upper unit, shot down the electrical outlets and spread to the lower unit. A Lowe's delivery team was delivering a dryer to the lower unit when "the fire came pouring out all the outlets in the kitchen." One of them ran back to their truck, grabbed a fire extinguisher, and with one long spray put it out. He then ran to the upper unit but it was already filled with smoke and was not able to get in. The lady who lives in the upper unit with her family said that her fire extinguisher would not work. I over heard her say later that her fire alarm kept going off in the past and so she got rid of it. NOT A SMART THING!

Sorry about the quality of the video, we were trying to make sure that we were not going to lose our apartment too and were just trying to keep up with what was going on.

Here is some video:

The Red Cross is here and they are working to relocate two families and provide for them. The maintenance dept. is working on replacing all the doors that the fire men broken down as they cleared the adjoining apartments. And the fire men have all gone. In a sad development, the lady who bought the dryer and was having it delivered by Lowe's not only had her unit damaged by the fire, but according to the Lowe's driver, "the dry is a total lose, I saw it with my own eyes."

Here are some pictures I took near the end:To top it off, a local newspaper man showed up with his camera in what I think is a 2009 Lotus Elise! Poor BigMedia, have to drive around in their Lotus's being scooped by a local blogger!