Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just Over The Wire - Cincinnati TeaPart Heading To DC

Dear Fellow Citizens and Taxpayers,
I apologize for the brevity of this email and the lack of details. The House just authorized the "slaughter solution" and the clock is ticking on a vote on the health care bill. The House leadership and Obama are desperately twisting arms and bending the rules in order to round up the votes.
The House will leave the text online for 72 hours and a final vote is likely on Sunday morning. A yes vote would "deem" the Senate bill passed and send changes to the Senate for reconciliation. Obama would be able to sign the original bill into law regardless of what changes are included.
I've been getting emails asking about a trip to D.C. this weekend and our friends at the Cinicinnati 9/12 Project are now working to get buses and hotels booked. I will have more details to follow later including costs and when we are leaving/returning, but I will share what I know right now:
Friday night: Leave from Northeast Cincinnati (targeting 8pm)
Saturday: Lobbying visits at the U.S. Capitol
Saturday Night: Overnight stay at a hotel
Sunday: Join with other Tea Partiers outside of the Capitol during the vote. Return after the vote (estimated return to Cincy between 10pm and 2am depending on when the vote occurs).
I just made arrangements for a babysitter for my kids and my wife and I are going to drive to D.C. on Friday night.
I will share the trip costs and signup info, along with hotel information and logistics info for those who will arrange their own transportation as soon as I have the information. Also, a local event may be planned for Saturday for those who can't make the trip, but the trip to D.C. is far more impactful in the eyes of Congressmen.
Look for another email from me this evening with the details.
Sincerely,
Mike Wilson
Founder, Cincinnati Tea Party

No comments:

Post a Comment